Whether you bought a bean bag chair for your kids to use in the playroom, or for yourself to relax and watch movies on the telly, it will take a lot of wear and need cleaning at some point. Do you know how to clean it properly? Worry not! I am going to spill the secret with this helpful guide on how to clean bean bag chair properly.
How to clean bean bag chair- SPOT THE STAIN
If you’re eating while watching a movie, lounging around and drip a speck of brown sauce from your sausage sandwich, merely spot-treat the mess! Use this step
- Use dry doweling to wipe away the spill, only leaving the stain
- Pour a dab of Fairy washing up soap directly onto the stain
- Let it sit for half an hour
- Dampen a clean wash rag with cold water as hot water may set the stain
- Scrub the area and then rinse with cold water and let it dry
With this method, we believe you now know how to clean bean bag chair
Wash Removable slip covers using a Washing machine
You take a look in at your little one you left reading nicely to find them with finger paints on their new gaming bean bag chair! Luckily, you opted for a chair with a removable cotton cover that you can throw in the wash! Phew, you can get it sparkling as brand new.
For Best results do the following:
- Unzip the coverof the bean bag chair
- If the filler is loose, pour it into a large bag for safe storage, if not, pull it out
- Wipe off any excess paint globs
- Pre soak the cover, for 5-10 minutes, in a bucket of cold water and liquid stain remover or 32 grams of baking soda
- Wash in cold water, on the delicate cycle, with a small amount of detergent and no liquid fabric softener
- Tumble dry with a dryer sheet
Wash the Big Stuff
When you want to clean bean bag chair, bear in mind that some chair requires a washing from normal wear. You may need to wash the entire bag. You may see that the cover does not separate.
You can follow the process below to clean your bean bag chair well
- Spot treat dark stains with sparkling water
- Spot treat greasy stains with a mild detergent
- Wet a cloth and use a dab of carpet cleaner
- Gently scrub the entire surface area
- Use a clean, wet towel to wipe off the cleanser and repeat until it comes off completely
- Fan dry the chair
How to clean Bean bag chair that requires extra attention
There are some bean bag chairs you cannot wash the traditional way. They require extra attention.
SUEDE: If you decide to use a washing method on a suede, it will destroy it! Instead make use of this method
- Rub messes with a damp terry towelling
- For persistent stains, use a two parts water, one part vinegar cleaning solution
- Use circular motions to clean with a metal suede brush
- Spray on a water-resistant protective spray
You should use the protective spray on your chair the moment you bring it home, to make cleaning simpler and safer for your chair.
VINYL: Vinyl is known to be very durable however it can make stain removal tricky but not difficult. Just follow the steps outlined here:
- Create a paste using a spoonful of baking soda and drops of warm water until it the powder is all wet and pasty
- Dab it on the spot
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush to scrub out the stain gently
- Wipe away the paste with a damp cloth
It’s also important to note that vinyl bags contain dangerous bags. Hence, care should be taken while cleaning it.
The softness plush gives makes everyone want to snuggle around it. Under no circumstance do you want to leave that softness. Plush just has to be lush
- Remove dust with dry paper towelling
- Vacuum regularly with a brush attachment
- Gently use a soft-bristled hairbrush for removing any crusty stains
School-aged children often come home at one point in their life with a case of head lice. And typically, you do not know right away. But the creatures can live for a few days on non-living things, like your bean chair.
If this happens take these seamless steps:
- Vacuum the bean bag chair
- Fill a small spray bottle with warm water and several drops of tea tree oil and spritz the entire chair, top to bottom, but do not soak it
- Cover the chair in plastic (large bags if you can find any that fit) for two days
Your chair will come through this ordeal like nothing ever happened. You may even love the oil, and it is safe for the whole family, pets included! You can also spray it in the hair to help treat and prevent head lice.
5. REFILL THE BAGS
You love your pup so much that you allowed them to make their very own luxury bed out of your bean bag for the past two months, and now it smells. Cleaning bean bag chair isn’t restricted to only washing and dry cleaning.
It’s time to spill the beans and replace the bean bag filling, which is super simple. You can buy the new filling and add in pet-safe carpet powder with them to help keep the bag smelling fresh for the future.
Sometimes people want to switch it up a bit, because they worry about it posing a choking hazard, or because they want 100% of all-natural materials. If you decide that you want to use a bean bag filler alternative, try:
- Packing peanuts
- Dry beans
- Shredded paper
- Pine needles
- Rice (a real lot of it)
You can make use of any options above to see what suits your comfort and style